“Founders first” is the TechCrunch credo — this is the way — and you’ll find the very best and brightest minds in the startup ecosystem gathered at TechCrunch Disrupt 2023, taking place September 19–21 in San Francisco.
This year, our programming spans nine stages, seven industries and dozens of breakout sessions and roundtable discussions (for starters). Disrupt is where founders go to grow, collaborate, network and find inspiration — and, who knows, maybe a term sheet.
Founder opportunities at TechCrunch 2023
Let’s take a look at just some of the founders-first sessions and opportunities waiting for you.
The Builder Stage
Head to the Builder Stage for panels and interviews focused on the nuts and bolts of building and funding new tech enterprises — including these:
- What Do You Need to Raise a Series A Today?
- How to Build Intelligent Startup Ops that Will Scale with Your Business
Seven new industry stages
In addition to the Disrupt Stage (more on the folks you’ll see there coming soon), we’re filling seven stages with salon-like programs that focus on the industries that matter most to the tech world today. It’s a rare opportunity to explore cross-sector collaborations under one roof. Check out just some of the sessions on each stage below — click the stage link to see the individual agendas.
- A Deep Dive on DeepMind, Google’s Premiere AI Lab
- Bias, Toxicity and Hallucination: Can AI Be Ethical?
- Plaid’s Zach Perret Opens up on Open Banking
- The Future of Payments
- Mixed Reality Finds Its Focus
- What’s Next in Robotics?
- What’s Next for GitHub?
- AI for SaaS
- Signal and the Future of Encrypted Messaging
- The Spyware Industry Is Out of Control. Now What?
- Doing Something Concrete on Climate
- The Upside (and Downside) of Cultured Meat
Wait (we hear you cry) — that’s only six. Ah, you don’t miss a trick. We’re in the process of adding the Space Stage, which is gonna rock-et! Check back for updates and the agenda — coming soon!
Breakout sessions and roundtable discussions
This is your chance to learn more about specific topics, engage with the startup experts leading the conversations and get your burning questions asked and answered. Roundtables are 30-minute discussions. Breakouts are 30-minute presentations followed by a 20-minute Q&A. Here are a couple examples of each.
- How to Build a Team for a Growing Startup
- The Art of Choosing the Right Investor: A Guide for Startup Founders
- AI for Social Good: How Technologists and Nonprofits Can Partner to Deliver Lasting Impact
- Building Early-Stage Products as a Nontechnical Founder: What to and Not to Do
Networking at TechCrunch Disrupt 2023
Disrupt is no ordinary tech conference: Our audience spans the most influential corners of the startup community, from visionaries and prominent funders to cutting-edge innovators in the Fortune Global 500. My point? Disrupt is prime networking territory.
Connecting starts with the Disrupt event app — an essential connection and scheduling tool. But that’s just the beginning. We’re creating more organic networking opportunities where you can experience moments of magic in a variety of settings.
- Get your network mojo moving on Disrupt eve, September 18, at the Women in Tech (Crunch) reception.
- Head to the Deal Flow Café, our brand-new investor-to-founder networking area.
- Enhance your trip to San Francisco at After-Hours Events happening during Disrupt week throughout the city.
- Meet like-minded travelers in the many engaging workshops, discussions, meetups and Q&A sessions in the expo.
- Recharge and reconnect at the TechCrunch+ Lounge, where TC+ subscribers can network and chat with our writers and other special guests.
Is your company interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at TechCrunch Disrupt 2023? Contact our sponsorship sales team by filling out this form.